Melody Dictation might be the only Kontakt Library on the market that creates random melodies to train your hearing.
Its unique interface and features make it ideal for musicians, students, teachers and anyone else who wants to train their ears or practice for an oral exam.
Adjusting the scale, length, tempo, audio playback and diffculty is very intuitive and therefor optimized for beginners as well as professionals.
- Listen to the melody as often as you want
- Use different sounds
- Try a faster or slower tempo
- Deactivate the cadence in the beginning
There are two ways to correct your guess:
- Open the whole Solution Tab with named notes (e.g. A3, G#4, …)
- Show and hide each single note in a staff and compare it to your handwritten guess
- Three different speed levels.
- 8 different scales
=> When you choose “chromatic” as scale, you can practise to atonal melodies
- Random detune with the “Detune” slider
=> Adjustable range. This makes learning harder, but also improves your application to different situations in your everyday life
- Three sample groups that can be selected for playback. Everyone has their own difficulty for listening
If you like, Melody Dictation let’s you export the generated melody.
Drag and drop the melody as MIDI directly to your beloved host DAW/sampler
What you’ll get:
MB to download
don't hurt, right?
in your hearing test
by Magnus Reichel
Out of stock